The Samworth Church Academy has recently formed a partnership with CareersInc – an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service - who will support your child to aim high in their career goals and aspirations.
Teachers in the Academy and staff from CareersInc will support your child’s career development in a number of ways including:
- Information and discussion in lessons, Learning and Pathway Days and assemblies to help them make decisions about their future.
- Access to careers advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days
- Careers information and I.T based careers programmes
- Information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites
Research has consistently shown that parents and carers are the most influential factor in students’ decisions about the future. Your support and encouragement influences their choices, and the guidance you provide will be invaluable to their eventual achievements and career pathways. This might feel a little daunting but there are some very simple and practical steps you can take to support your child.
- Talk to them about their current educational attainment and estimated grades and encourage them to aim high (the skills shortages of the future will be in higher level jobs)
- Discuss where they want to be and research how to get there (using resources in the Academy and on the internet)
- Encourage them to seek out the advice and experiences they need to help them achieve their goals
- Help them with the steps they need to take