Our Vision & Values
Our vision is to create an environment that provides the best start to a bright future for all our students, by giving them all the opportunity to be fully qualified for adult life, in the fullest sense of the term.
We realise this vision by offering a broad range of courses, to cater for as many interests and abilities as possible. We also work in partnership with other Mansfield schools to maximise opportunity. To broaden the educational experience we fully integrate Sport, Dance, Music and Drama into the curriculum. Not just for the select few, but for absolutely everyone. There are many different ways of defining achievement but ours is unusually holistic. Good qualifications are crucial to young people and their futures but we also know that other things are important to prepare young people for the challenges they face. Involvement with the Round Square helps us achieve these aims.
- We give all our students the best start for a bright future and help them become the adults they want to be.
- We welcome, value and respect students of all faiths, or none, and encourage their input in how the Academy is run.
- We have a distinctively Christian ethos that is tolerant and respectful of everything except bad behaviour and bullying.
- We raise aspirations and nurture self-confidence so that all our students can raise their expectations of what the future holds.
- We make quality, leadership and a business and enterprise culture part of daily life in this Academy.
- We encourage students to challenge themselves and embrace the Outward Bound approach to enjoyable and constructive learning.
- We play an active role in the community outside the school gates.
- We respect the environment in all we do.