Would I make a good volunteer?
Have I got time to spare?
Am I able to offer life skills and experiences to share with our students and staff at the Samworth Church Academy?
Who are volunteers?
Volunteers play a valuable part in supporting schools/academies in offering both their time, skills and experience in a variety of ways. Anyone who has time to spare and can offer inspiring and uplifting life experiences to share with our students and staff will be most welcomed and appreciated. Volunteers-:
- gain new skills
- meet new people
- make a difference in a variety of ways
- give back to the community
- come from all walks of life
- are of all ages
Do I need any qualifications/experience to be a volunteer?
There are no formal educational qualifications required to become a volunteer and no-one is expected to take on volunteering without an Induction and support. Being a volunteer can be a really interesting and rewarding experience. The only qualities you need are-:
- to have an interest in the education and wellbeing of our students.
- a willingness to get jobs done.
- time (whether this be a few hours a week or a number of days)
- commitment in helping make a real difference to the lives and work of the Academy.
What do I need to do if I am interested in finding out more about being a Volunteer?
Sally Spencer will be happy to speak to you about volunteering so please get in touch either by calling on 01623 663450 or you can download an application form from the link below-:
We look forward to hearing from you!