Free school meals are available to children in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the qualifying benefits below:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If you would like more information or would like to apply please visit: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/school-meals/free-school-meals-and-milk
Summer Voucher Update
The Covid Local Support Grant has been extended to cover the summer holidays. Nottinghamshire County Council has decided to use the funding to provide supermarket vouchers for children and young people eligible for free school meals or relevant funded childcare. All of the budget will be used to provide this support so other elements of the grants scheme have now ended.
Vouchers will be issued during the last week of term in the usual way using Wonde and all children in receipt of Free School Meals will be provided with a voucher worth £15 per week for the five week holiday period (a total of £75).
Nottinghamshire County Council have worked with the School Meals Service and 'Your Health, Your Way' to create some recipe cards for anyone struggling with ideas for healthy low-cost meals, they are available to access from: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/early-years-and-childcare/covid-local-support-grant-information-for-members-of-the-public
Nottinghamshire County Council have also indicated to us that it is likely this will be the last time vouchers will be available through the grant, they are therefore keen to make sure that all families get the help needed with budgeting, debt, employment etc. so they have shared some useful links below:
- Nottinghamshire Community Support Hub
- Notts Help Yourself
- The Money Advice Service
- Citizens Advice
- Money Sorted
- Money Advice
- Work and Volunteering
Children and young people of school age who receive a voucher can also access the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Scheme (more information at Nottinghamshire Holiday Activities and Food Programme 2021 | Nottinghamshire County Council).