· Advise & Consult with Clients
· Basic Cutting
· Style & Finish Hair
· Colour Hair
· Shampoo and Condition Hair
· Set & Dress Hair
· Reception Duties
· Plaiting and Twisting Hair
· Maintain Effectiveness in the Salon
· Perm Hair
1 exam worth 60% incorporating 6 units
1 exam worth 40% incorporating 4 units
What will I study?
- Communication, team work, time management, consultation skills, self –assessment.
- Cutting, styling, colouring, setting, perming, plaiting, twisting, taking hair up.
- Answering the phone, making bookings, dealing with money, stock taking/ordering.
Where does it lead?
Hairdressing help learners launch and develop their careers as hairdressers, barbers, wigmakers and salon managers. Salon assistants can quickly work their way up in the hairdressing industry. There are many opportunities to become managers, trainers or owners.