Examination Board: Edexcel
The skills gained and developed whilst studying A-Level Public Services include:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the UK government and the democratic election process.
- Develop a knowledge of leadership style and an understanding of teams and teamwork activities within the public services
- Skills, attitudes and values to become thoughtful and informed citizens and public service employees
- Learners will understand the international institutions that impact on UK public services and understand how the UK works with these institutions to uphold human rights.
Grade 5 in GCSE English and Grade 5 in GCSE Maths.
What will I study?
Students studying Public Services at A-Level will cover topics on:
- Government, policies and the Public Services.
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Service
- Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services.
- Citizenship, Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public
- Understand the impact of War, conflict and Terrorism on Public services
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Responding to emergency Service Incidents
- Police Powers in the Public Services
- Communication and Technology in the Uniformed Public Services
- Planning and Management of Major incidents
- Police powers in the Public Services
- Custodial Care
- Aspects of the legal system and law-making Process.
- Extended research in the Public Services
Where does it lead?
The course will give the students practical knowledge and theory in this subject and which will enable them to undertake a degree in Public Services, or will equip them for careers in the either the Armed Forces, or the Police and Fire Brigade.