1. UK Politics
Political Participation, students will study:
· democracy and participation
· political parties
· electoral systems
· voting behaviour and the media.
Core Political Ideas, students will study:
2. UK Government
UK Government, students will study:
· the constitution, parliament, Prime Minister and executive
· relationships between the branches.
Non-core political ideas, students will study: one idea from the following:
3. USA Politics
· the US Constitution and federalism
· US Congress
· US presidency
· US Supreme Court
· Civil rights
· Democracy and participation
· Comparative theories
Grade 6 in GCSE English
What will I study?
- knowledge and an informed understanding of contemporary political structures
- a critical awareness of the changing nature of politics and the relationships between political ideas, institutions and processes
- knowledge and an informed understanding of the influences and interests which have an impact on decisions in government and politics
· Section A : One 12-mark question from a choice of two
· Section B : One compulsory 12-mark question focused on comparative theories
Where does it lead?
Careers in politics, law, journalism, teaching, business, research