Examination Board: OCR
This qualification provides a more vocational perspective where students develop all the necessary skills required in ICT. The course also offers students the chance to personalise their path of study and obtain a qualification that meets both their individual aptitudes and interests.
- Fundamentals of IT
- Global Information
- Application Design
- Mobile Technology
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
Grade 6 in GCSE Computing
What will I study?
In Years 12 and 13 students gain and develop skills in:
- How IT technologies and practices are essential for IT professionals.
- IT fundamentals in hardware, networks, software and ethical use of computers in business.
- How organisations use information and the types of information.
- IT Legislation, regulation governing use of information.
- How to design Applications.
- Understand how to create mobile applications.
- How social media and digital marketing can have a positive and negative effect.
Where does it lead?
These specifications are designed to give a broad introduction to this sector and aim to prepare candidates for further study in higher education or further training which might be whilst in employment. However, these qualifications are not designed for candidates’ direct entry into employment.
Candidates who achieve these qualifications may be prepared to enter a variety of HND or degree level courses in ICT or computing related subjects.