Welcome to Our Academy
The Academy takes the very latest thinking on what makes a great school and puts it into practice. Our aim is to create a high quality environment for everyone to succeed in, whether they are a student, parent, teacher or support staff member – a local school for local people!
At The Samworh Church Academy, the senior leaders and all staff are committed to achieving the best for our pupils.
- welcomes everyone – it takes its students from the local area and welcomes all abilities, providing the support that each student needs to be the best they can be.
- raises aspirations – we want our students, with the support of their parents, to reach for the sky and to be able to choose their own futures. There is a ‘can-do’ culture that builds confidence, courage and self-esteem.
- puts people first – the school is a partnership between teachers, support staff, students, parents, governors, sponsors and the local community. Everyone’s views are respected and we’ll continue to improve the school by listening to what people have to say.
- promotes Christian values – our school is creating a school based on Christian values. We want our students to respect each other’s views and value their contribution to the community.
- tries new ways of teaching – all staff are continuously seeking to improve their practice. There is collaborative learning in every classroom in the Academy.
- specialises in business and enterprise – currently Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce School of the Year.
- works with the community and other schools – we work closely with parents, other local schools and colleges and build on existing partnerships in the local area for the benefit of the whole community. In the evening the school offers its facilities to the local community.
- respects the environment – our latest service project helped improve the bio-diversity in local woodland.