Mrs C Ashley, Team Leader of Drama
Welcome to the Drama Department.
|Scheme of Work|
|Why do GCSE?|
Here at The Samworth Church Academy studying Drama enables candidates to develop:
- an enjoyment and appreciation of live theatre;
- an involvement in the exploration and enactment of human experience through drama and theatre;
- practical abilities in related skills;
- the research skills necessary to acquire relevant information;
- an appreciation of the technical and historical aspects of drama and theatre;
- an understanding of the place and function of Drama and Theatre Arts in modern society;
- a capacity for self-evaluation;
- the ability to appreciate and evaluate the work of others;
- the ability to work together as a group displaying awareness of and sensitivity to others;
- related social skills such as self-confidence, concentration, self-discipline and communication;
- the ability to carry out further study of theatre.