The Samworth Church Academy
What is Round Square?
- We as an Academy are fortunate enough to be a Regional Member of the Round Square, a worldwide association of over 150 schools which share a commitment, beyond academic excellence to personal development, responsibility and international understanding through service, challenge and adventure. With the shared aim of 'Inspiring students to become the leaders and guardians of tomorrow's world'.
- Through Round Square our students are provided with the opportunity to attend International conferences, student’s exchanges in schools all around the world and to take part in local and international service projects.
- Promote international understanding by exposure to different cultures, religions and languages.
- We value the importance of active participation in democracy and encourage freedom of thought and speech.
- We learn about the importance of tending to the future of the planet and aim to play a practical role in tackling environmental issues.
- Our Students meet physical challenges and develop an appreciation of the outdoors. Placing themselves in challenging situations.
- Students learn that true leadership is found in those whose convictions are rooted in personal responsibility, kindness and justice.
- Each student attending a Round Square School is expected to selflessly serve others.
- We aim to perform a substantial number of service projects both locally and internationally.
- King Constantine is the Patron of Round square and his Medal is awarded annually to an individual or group of individuals from within our Academy community who have done unusual and outstanding service work and have thereby supported and promoted the ideals of Round Square.